Decision Day

I am going to make a magazine.

My mind has honestly been made up since the beginning of the class year. I want to make something I generally dislike (a magazine) and turn it into something people all ages could enjoy whether its good photography, or interesting articles inside. Just how the article says, “Readership is painfully low” (Franklin, 2011). I plan to make my magazine impossible to put down. I am going to base the entire tabloid on my clothing brand, Hidden Spectrum.

I plan on using Photoshop because I’m familiar with the program and certified by adobe to use it. Adobe InDesign is a very un-interesting looking program with a seemingly over complicated interface that does not appeal to me. Premier pro I am familiar with and I obviously won’t use because of the fact I’m going to make a magazine but maybe I’ll choose to make a behind the scenes video for myself to post on social media.

I am going to make my magazine be extremely colorful but still respect a pallet of very metallic and somewhat bright colors, not any sort of rainbow hodgepodge. I’ve learned from the newer and past journals people like graphics and colors to make the magazines more “reader friendly” which is a concept I’m very happy to follow, “which incorporates color and illustrations into the magazine, is certainly intended to make it more reader friendly” (Franklin, 2011).

I’m going to heavily focus on photography in my magazine and use very close up angels of either models or shots of things that helped me with the process of making the clothing. My magazine articles might be kept short and simple simply either describing the process, or article of clothing at hand alongside a story or two about the theme, “Machinery Mayhem” where I take technology and break it down and destroy It to a simple piece and create clothing from it. I plan on including a story to teach the reader a thing or two about my intentions and who I am when I’m making these clothes for themselves and I. in the article by Wayne R. Cherry he states, “Stories have power, and the stories we tell today do just as much to try to explain our world as did the myths of so long ago.” My goal is to make people understand why I did the things I did to make the clothes, I feel like I’m not at the point of support where I don’t have to explain myself for the fashion choices I make to encourage people to buy it. I really hope I can use this Magazine as a small seller item for people on my website to buy and feel included in the process where they can own a piece of history I made when I was only 17 and hopefully I can soon make a living off fashion and take it into my entire life.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Post Production 2 - Page 1 Production

Masthead