Peer Pitch & Concept Refinement

 

Concept Refinement

CATEGORY

DETAILS

Film OR Magazine

Magazine

Genre

Fashion Magazine

Target Audience (Be specific)

Young People interested in fashion

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard)

Advertisement/Journal for Machinery Mayhem a subplot of my clothing Brand, Hidden Spectrum

How did you conceive the idea for this concept?

I was undergoing a creative drought but some advice from a friend to narrow my view on fashion helped me devise the idea for a sub plot in my clothing brand

What do you believe is unique about your concept?

All clothes and models in the magazine were made and styled by me to appeal to a younger audience who are searching for a clothing brand to represent individuality.

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience?

The photography will play a huge role to capture attention on the page with very subtle text to provide people with a very pleasing visual aspect and reading is almost optional if a person doesn’t feel like it, Like Thrasher Magazine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Explain myself

Share vision for annuals

Mention other magazines

Avoid making it seem like an advertisement

 

 

 

 

This week we pitched our portfolio concept to the class and gave one another feedback on the topics. I was the first to present but I’m confident mine went very well, much of the feedback I received was only warning as to what I should avoid when constructing the magazine itself. My classmates seemed to find my idea interesting and offered a lot of positive feedback on the magazine I wanted to make. I made sure to write down all the feedback that was negative to really remember the help my classmates offered to me so I can better my magazine and make it more enjoyable.

The biggest complaint from others was to make sure I didn’t cross into the territory of an advertisement and still hold the integrity of a magazine that’s interesting and not a paper commercial. I need to keep this in mind and make sure I don’t end up with just an advertisement by reviewing my scope and really gearing it as a formal introduction and insight into my clothing brand. Ill speak on topics such as how the clothes are made and the inspiration behind them to really capture the attention and not seem like I am self-advertising and lose an audience. I also need to be able to share my concept of how I will keep this magazine ongoing and plausible to be a consistent idea. I cannot wait to finally start soon and make this dream a reality and show the effort I put into this to my peers.

 I plan on deriving much of my inspiration from FRUiTS Magazine, a very popular Japanese fashion magazine where people from all over Japan are photographed and put on display to really demonstrate how fashion influences day to day lifestyle in the cities. They're very minimalistic so i plan on using a lot more writing than them but for the most part they're my biggest inspiration for my magazine. I plan on being able to use this approach towards fashion and make it more digestible for people in the west and grab the attention of young people and get them more involved with fashion.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Post Production 2 - Page 1 Production

Masthead